Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sugar Rush Review (Mostly)

This weekend, as I mentioned early, Walgreens had Sinful nail colors for $0.99.  So I stocked up, again.  Yes, I went BACK to Walgreens and bought even MORE polish.  However to make up for it, I didn't buy anything at the Sally's sale.  I have all the permanent colors from Orly and China Glaze, so I passed.  But back to Sinful.  Their spring line is called Sugar Rush, and it's full of gorgeous springtime pastels.  I bought 2 more colors the second time.  Bringing my total to 5 of the colors.  I passed on the dark pink and the dark teal, as I have similar colors already.  And on to the swatches.


 All the colors are slightly thin, and require three coats. Let's start with the pink:

Cotton Candy.  Such a pretty pink creme with a slight hidden shimmer. It's photographing slightly darker than it is in real life.
Sugar Rush: Is the pastel blue that the collection gets it's name from.  I really like this color.  It's not something I would have normally worn, but I'm really glad I bought it.
Candy Coated: My favorite from this whole collection!  It's a beautiful lilac cream and another one with hidden shimmer.  It's really hard to see the shimmer unless you really look for it.  It would have been even more fantastic had they upped the shimmer.
Orange Cream:  The orange is pretty, but on my skin tone it kind of washes out my skin a bit.  I really like it, but I think for me personally it will be a summer color.  Once theres a little color in my skin.

In the previous post I swatched and did nail art with Unicorn which was the pale yellow.  It turned out okay, however its really thin and even after three coats it still shows brush strokes.  Even with a top coat.  It's the one color I actually regret buying.

All in all I really like this collection, and pastels aren't really my favorites.  If you've tried any of these let me know how you like them in the comments.

P.S.  There won't be a NOTD post today.  I spent my Bebe free day (she went to the circus with Auntie) reclaiming my living room from renegade princess Barbie dolls who seemed to think it belonged to them.  Hope you all had a great weekend!

~Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment