Thursday, February 21, 2013

Playing a Little Catch Up

First of all, sorry for the lack of mani/post last night.  I had a bad allergic reaction and was in bed early recovering.  I actually wound up coming home early from work today.  I DID do a manicure last night prior to getting sick.  So I'll show you that and then the manicure I did tonight :)

Last night I decided to try my Liquid Sand again. The first time I tried it I didn't like it so much. But  I think it was because I put the coats on too quickly before the previous ones dried. And because of that, I didn't get the full effect of the polish. But I couldn't give up on it.  I lusted after the liquid sand as soon as I set eyes on it!  I bought Stay the Night from the Mariah Carey collection shortly after Christmas from Ulta. 
Is my Ulta the only one who's nail polish collection always seems to be completely sold out?!  It seems every time I go in there, their stock is sold out.  Doesn't matter the brand or the color, they are gone. It's very odd.  But it's the only place in the area that has a large OPI selection, so I've got no other choice if I want OPI.

Anywho.  All of the Liquid Sand colors are gorg, but I had to pick one.  And I went with the black polish with red glitter.  This polish is so unique. I love that it's glitter but matte. And has a great texture, but it's not scratchy like a top coat-less glitter polish would be.


 I used 3 coats of the Liquid Sand and one coat of seche to make it dry quickly.  I had a slight accident on my thumb.  I put too much on at a time and the seche didn't dry it quickly enough.  So the polish came off that nail completely.  At work today I fixed it, and I didn't have seche with me.  So I wanted to post some pictures showing the difference between the Liquid Sand with and without a top coat.

Please forgive the messy application, being at work and all :)  But you can see even with the top coat you can still tell there is a significant texture.  I really like the liquid sand this time. And I can't wait for the Oz Great and Powerful collection for the newest Liquid Sand colors!

And for tonight's mani, I realized it had been some time since my favorite, classic french manicure. Of course I added a little color.  Emerald has been named color of the year by Pantone, and it just so happens that I have some emerald colored stripping tape.  This is will be perfect as a repeat mani come St Patricks Day next month!!

I started with a clean nail (just Orly Bonder) and used my Sally Hansen French Manicure Pen on the tips.  I covered it with seche (since last time I used Nina Ultra Pro it pulled my tape away from the nail).  Next I placed the tape across the bottom of the white tips.  I love these manicures. They are so classic, but have such a fun twist that can be customized to match anything.  Who doesn't love matching?!


There you go lucky ducks!  Two manicures in one night!! See you tomorrow <3

~Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment