Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Fat Tuesday

While I had all my polishes dumped out of their basket this morning, I decided to do a count. I'm at 82, yikes!  And when I was putting them all away my Orly Velvet Rope and Orly Meet me Under the Mistletoe were next to each other.  Instantly my mind went to Mardi Gras, with the purples and greens and golds.  And I was inspired, and after my night of fails, I had low expectations.  But I'm happy to report that it turned out pefectly!

I started with a base of Nicole by OPI Disco Dolls.  This color is gorgeous!  It's a warm orangey gold with big multi colored glitter in it.
 Too bad you can't tell how much glittery goodness this color has with the glitter (15 days til upgrade day!)

Next I took two pieces of scotch tape and crossed them, making two points in the center.  I put the on my nail to block off the spot I wanted to paint purple.  I put a coat of Seche to dry the purple instantly, turned the tape around and painted underneath the purple my green color.  I remove the tape immediately so it doesn't pull at the paint.  Finally I used my nail art black holo to paint the third triangle black.  Here's a look at my tape contraption:




(Please ignore the trapped dog hair)

I only did an accent finger, since I was worried the whole mani would fail and I'd be out all that time of doing every nail again.  But, I succeeded!!  And here are the final results.  I'm so happy with this manicure! 

It turned out exactly what I had in my head. 

Tomorrow night is the night I've been preparing for!  Time for Valentine's Day nails. I've been searching for weeks, trying to design something really neat and outstanding.  Hubs is taking me t our favorite restaurant, The Capital Grille.  We got engaged there way back in 2008, and it has a special place in our heart!  I can't wait!!

I'll probably have another post tonight, since I documented how I scrub my nails, to clean any stains and gross cuticles!  Stay tuned!

~Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment