Sunday, February 10, 2013

Lovely Leopard

I. Love. This. Mani!! I'm pretty sure I say that about 4 times a week, but I'm serious tonight.  I may actually leave this on for more than a day! 
I've been playing with the idea of trying a leopard print mani, then I chicken out.  I find all sorts of excuses to not try it.  Because I'm afraid I'll fail, and that could mean I'm not as good as I want to think I am.  But tonight I tackled it.  I made my own dotting tools, and rocked the face off this mani, if I do say so myself. So without further adieu, my Lovely Leopards:




 Aren't they perfect?  And I actually have the steps photographed for you tonight!  It was actually easier than I thought. 
I started out with two coats of Orly's Fancy Fuchsia.  And topped it off with a coat of Seche, of course.

My next step was to make small dots on the nail. If you have a dotting tool set, that would be perfect for this step.  If you don't  have one, like me, use a toothpick! It's the perfect size. Unfortunately I finished my left hand without taking pictures of the steps, so bare with my right hand please :)  It's slightly less perfect than my left.

Oh, and I used my Color Club Angel Kiss holo polish for the center dots.

Next, I used my Color Club Nail Art in Black Holographic (found at Bed Bath and Beyond, believe it or not) and made three curved lines around the outside of the center dot.



Sorry these are so blurry.  I can't find my actual digital camera, and the camera on my iPhone is getting worse by the day.  17 days until my upgrade and crystal clear pictures again! 
Anyways, after I drew the lines around each dot, I placed 2 or 3 random tiny black dots around the nail.  I finished with a coat of Nina Ultra Pro, and then finally, Seche.



 What do you think? 
Hope you all had an amazing weekend! See you tomorrow!!

~Kat

1 comment: