Monday, February 11, 2013

Night of Mani Fails

Man oh man!  What a day.  For the second day in a row, BeBe was up at 4 am, for the day.  Yesterday wasn't terrible since it was the weekend.  But today I had to work a full day. I'm exhausted, and of course work was slow.  When I stopped at Starbucks this morning I almost asked them if they could give me a liter sized Iced Chai.

I'm pretty sure the exhaustion is showing in my mani attempts today.  I had a mani picked out from the get go today.  It was something I saw on pinterest, and a reason I couldn't wait to get my stripping tape.  But when I placed the tape and painted over it, polish got stuck under the tape.  And on top of that, when I pulled the tape off it smudged.  Badly.

So I started over, and I planned on using my new Cirque de Soleil China Glaze that I picked up at Sallys this weekend.  If you remember, I bought Surreal Appeal which is a pretty coral creme. And Whirred Away, a really neat looking black hex and bar glitter, with larger white hex glitter. I had high hopes for this mani too!  And it was also a fail.  Wah.  It looks ok-ish:

But Whirred Away is a PAIN to work with!  The base is super thick, and I had to fish for the white hexes.  I've always been turned off to these glitters because of how difficult they can be to apply.  And this is exactly what I feared.  It's so pretty, and I'm really bummed that it's not working.

I had to put two coats of top coat, one Nina and one Seche.  And because the base was so thick, the Nina and Seche added to that made it a big tacky thick mess. 

Here's what happened to my thumb, even 20 minutes after Seche
All smudged and sad.  Poor thumb. 

So, moral of the story, leave the involved, thought out manis for the days you DON'T wake up at 4 am. I will be giving this Whirred Away another shot, one day.  But for now, I'm doing something I haven't done in quite some time.  Going to bed with naked nails.  Eeekkkk!!







Oh the horror!  Sorry for inducing any nightmares, but I just don't have the energy for a third attempt tonight.  Here's hoping for a better nights sleep tonight!  Night all!!

~Kat



No comments:

Post a Comment