Saturday, February 9, 2013

Stripping Tape Love

Well, I spent way too much money that didn't need to be spent today.  Story of my life.  My sister and I went shopping with BeBe today. And of course I had to stop by a different Sally's to check out their clearance.  They had a terrible selection, but I still wound up buying Orly's The Right Amount of Evil on clearance.  And they still had China Glaze Cirque de Soleil BOGO.  So I bought Surreal Appeal (a coral/pinky creme) and Whirled Away (clear glitter with black bar and hex glitter and white glitter).  And all the Sallys are giving away a free Orly with a $3 purchase.  So today I got Fowl Play, a gorgeous purple glitter.  I'll swatch them later.  Of course BeBe got a bunch of stuff she didn't need as well.
When I got home I had my last nail mail order waiting for me!  Finally! Right after new years I bought a 10 pack of multi colored stripping tape.  I couldn't stop imaging all the wonderful manis I could do with it all!! 

Here's my first:


 Almost perfect!  A few lines aren't 100% straight, but I can live with it.  I used Orly Luxe at the base, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On, and the new China Glaze I got today (Surreal Appeal).  I used tape to block off the sections, just regular scotch tape. And once all the color blocks are done I added the tape.  I covered it with Nina Ultra Pro Top Coat and then finished with Seche. You may not know that Seche won't work correctly if the polish isn't still wet, which is why I used Nina first. 

If you're curious about the tape, I bought it off Amazon, for around $2 with shipping.  Of course, it came from China or Hong Kong, so it took over a month to get here.  But for that price I can be ok with long shipping.  I'm so happy with this product.  The reviews are mixed, with a lot of people saying the tape doesn't stick well.  But it is sticking perfectly for me now.  So I'm wondering if maybe they weren't using a topcoat?

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend; here are a few more pics of the mani. 



~Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment