Thursday, March 14, 2013

Huge Off-Day Haul!

Since I have a three year old at home, and daycare is FLIPPING expensive, I only work three days a week.  So Tuesday BeBe and I went in search of polish deals.  I heard recently been told by one of my polishaholics that TJ Maxx and the like were unexpected places to find cheap polish.  So we went around town to all the discount stores, and really only found one decent deal.  I got a two pack of Nicole by OPI for $5.  Most of the stores had a few Orlys, a few Sephoras by OPI, some sets I had never heard of (Beauty Connection, I think?)  But nothing super great; however they did say they routinely get new polish in.

These are Prized Possession Purple and One Time Lime.


I also decided to try my luck at Sallys, since there are so many new Spring collections out and companies were getting rid of some permanent line colors to make room for new ones.  Mine had a large selection of mostly China Glaze Cirque de Soleil, since they were the only store in my area that didn't have them BOGO.  I picked up four China Glaze for $3.29 a piece, and one regular priced new permanent color Orly. 
From right to left: Escaping Reality, Tree Hugger, Watermelon Rind, Water You Waiting For, and Jealous, Much?


Finally we had to swing by Target because I had completely run out of remover!!  Oh the horror!!  And in their clearance bins I snagged a 2-pack of Revlon nail buffers for $0.88!!  My nails were so stained from a dark polish, and I thought they might help. They are the perfect size to carry in my purse too, in case it's ever needed. 

Sorry for the stock photo, but I really needed the buffers and ripped into them instantly!!


So I spent a grand total of $26.52 I got 7 polishes and two buffers.  Not a bad job!

I really love the Jealous, Much? by Orly, being in my obsessed with mint stage and all.  It's the only one I've swatched so far.  I'm going to try to get them all swatched by the weekend so I can have a post on them, they all look so pretty!!

 Clockwise from top left: Escaping Reality, Water You Waiting For (both Cirque colors), Watermelon Rind, Tree Hugger
Center: Jealous, Much?


Not my cheapest haul, that was 4 polishes for $6 when Sallys had clearance polish an additional 50% off, but still not a bad deal, considering China Glaze is currently 2/$11 on sale at Sallys.  And speaking of China Glaze, I don't have it yet, but I just ordered one of their new holos off Ebay for a STEAL.  Look for that coming soon!

~Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment