Saturday, March 23, 2013

Fairy Tales

For weeks now, I've been seeing swatches and hearing (well, reading) people talk about Sinful's Cinderella.  I was afraid it was a part of a limited time collection; why else would I not have seen this and bought it? 
Well at Target today, I found it.  Right in the permanent collection that Target seems to have recently expanded.  It's kind of a bummer though, because it's impossible to capture all it's beauty in a picture!  I've done my best:

It's a gorgeous sheer baby blue, with a duochrome shimmer that changes from gold, to amber, to pink.

So I did a quick(ish) base. It took 4 coats to get it opaque, so I think it would be a good idea to put a coat of white on before the blue.  And then I had the genius idea to stamp with my Essie Good as Gold.  And I used my bundle monster crown stamps.  I used both on each nail, and I was having some serious stamping issues today.  I couldn't get the stamper to pick up the whole image.  It took 3 or 4 times to get it right.  But I had a grand idea, and didn't stop.  I kinda wish I did!  It's busy, and the entire image didn't always transfer onto the nail right or fully.  But it also kind of looks tarnished, and broken and old; much like I feel an old crown/tiara might.


 I'm also watching somewhat of a fairy tale on TV.  Well more like a love story, The Vow.  Does this movie piss anyone else off?!  Rachel McAdam's character really pisses me off.  And who would question Channing Tatum when they woke up from a coma and he said "I'm your husband"?  So it's almost over, and I'm pretty sure I remember crying at the end, so I'm going to end this post with another shot of my mani tonight, before I become a blubbering idiot.


~Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment