Saturday, March 9, 2013

Baby Free Night!!

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y night!  And I'm home alone.  I love BeBe and Hubs with everything, but it's so nice to have the house completely to myself.  After I dropped BeBe off, I went to the Disney Store and got stuff for her Easter Basket. And I went to dinner by myself at Red Robin (yum!).  I came home, cleaned the house, and I'm currently sitting in  my spotless living room watching Breaking Dawn 2.  I finally watched the first one last night, and couldn't wait to not watch the second one. 

For nails, I don't have pictures on the computer of the mani I have on now.  It's just Color Clubs Angel Kiss holo again.  But I do have something for you.  It's how I get rid of mild staining and dry, gross cuticles.  All it takes is a new, clean toothbrush, some body scrub, and warm (not hot!) water. 


I wet my hands and spread scrub across my cuticles like so:


Such gross cuticles and fingers, thanks to dry weather, warm water, and acetone polish.  Then I wet the toothbrush and scrub, scrub, scrub.  I work up a pretty decent lather, but don't scrub too hard where you would damage the cuticle. 

And then just rinse and repeat on the other hand.  I follow up with lotion or hand cream, and always cuticle oil. It makes my hands look so much nicer, and it really helps after swatching. 

I usually do this once or week or so.  Remember, taking care of your cuticles is super important since they shield your nails from any infection, so try to keep them moisturized and pushed back.  Do your best not to cut them, and if you need more help, try a cuticle remover, which will assist in pushing them back.

~Kat

1 comment:

  1. I did NOT know that about cuticles and I never thought about using body scrub! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete