Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Two Obsessions Combined!

Well, we all know how much I love polish, and I've recently gotten into a indie polish craze.  But something you may not know; I'm obsessed with Gossip Girl. By obsessed, I mean, I watched the whole thing in about 3 months from start to finish (I didn't watch from the beginning).  I mean, I dreamt about Chuck Bass on a nightly basis, because I watched so much Gossip Girl before bed. And because he's so uh-mazing too (lets be honest).

But, enough about that. So I was screwing around on Facebook a few weeks ago, and an indie maker that I started following Polish Addict, had moved some older colors into retirement, and they were being marked down.  So I had a looksey.  And what did my Chuck Bass obsessed heart find!?

I don't even have to tell you that I didn't hesitate to buy this.  Look at all that glittery goodness!  And that doesn't even begin to show it all.  There are hearts in there!  Pink ones, and red too!!  And bar glitter, and different hexes, and squares; oh my. 

I also have been really lazy this last weekend, and haven't done a whole bunch with my nails; which explains the lack of posting this weekend.  But I couldn't wait to swatch this. Today I put it over one of the 6 new polishes I bought today (more on that later).  And fell in love all over again.

 Sick, right?  I love this.
I kind of want to use this over everything right now! But like I said, I bought 6 more new polishes today.  I have the best husband in the world, and he gave me some moola today and said to have at it.  So I did.  Sally's is having a huge polish sale right now; Buy two, get one free!  Plus I had a 15% off coupon, so 6 China Glaze polishes were $20.06.

 Well hello, pretties.  Welcome home.  From top we have, Japanese Koi (and I wish it showed how neon orange this color really is), Turned Up Turquoise, Flying Dragon (with bright blue glitter inside), No Plain Jane, Swing Baby, and Naked.  I'll swatch them all soon, with a corresponding blog post.  My mani tonight has a few of these, and here is what I did.

I started with the Japanese Koi, with an accent nail of Swing Baby.

And then added leopard spots with the Turned Up Turquoise on the accent nail, and the Swing Baby on my middle fingers.  For a quick tutorial on how I do my leopards, check out this link.

I like the way it turned out, with the contrasting colors.  The neon orange next to the gold is so pretty!  And the gold by itself is soo gorgeous.  I think my next mani will definitely use the Swing Baby.

This post seems really long tonight, so I'm going to wrap things up.  Before you start to think I'm a rambling idiot.  Probably going to go watch an episode of Gossip Girl and drool over the one and only Chuck Bass.

~Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment