Wednesday, May 29, 2013

More Indie Goodness!

In the past few months, I have become increasingly more obsessed with indie polishes.  Prior to finding the amazing nail community on Instagram, I had no idea that such amazing handmade polishes existed!  I'm slowly building my indie polish army, some from the generosity of the makers who have trusted me to swatch and review these polishes, and some I purchased.  I wish I could purchase them all!!

Recently, one of my favorite indie makers, Polish Addict, had a Mother's Day sale where your order was 35% off.  And ever since she sent me Sweet Dreams to review, I need to get my hands on more of her Crelly Collection. So I instantly decided on Neon Nights and Standing in the Neon.  Those were the easy decisions to make.  And last I went with Pretty in Punk, which caught my eye because of the grey and pink mix that I love.

From R to L: Standing in the Neon, Pretty in Punk, and Neon Nights

Look at those glittery beauties!! You can see I've already made a decent dent in Pretty in Punk and Neon Nights; that's what I get for buying minis...

First is my swatch of Standing in the Neon.  


I love this white creamy "crelly" consistency.  The milkiness of it means a set of undies isn't needed, and it builds really well on the nail.  It's still slightly sheer after three coats, but in such a unique way that I love.  As you can see this polish is full of large pink and black hex glitters, as well as medium white and black hexes.  There are also small pink and black glitters mixed with white bar glitters.  It applies well, builds well, wears well.  Of course it looks great on!! 

I feel Standing in the Neon is slightly more opaque than Neon Nights, but we will get to that soon!

Second is Pretty in Punk (not from the "Crelly" collection).  It's got a jellyish grey base and it is *packed* with black, gold, and pale pink glitters. All the glitter is hex shaped and the black and gold are the same size, while the pink is slightly bigger.  It applies well and each swipe of the brush leaves behind such an amazing amount of glitter.  

I did choose to wear NYC Color in StreetWalkers under this one, since the grey is so sheer and there is so much glitter I wanted to make sure I could make the glitter stand out! The only downside to this color is that it leaves glitter all over my hands when I take it off.  And as far as downsides go, I can definitely deal with that one!


And last I have Neon Nights.  As soon as I saw this polish, I knew I had to have it!!  I waited to buy it since Laura as having a giveaway and the prize was a full sized Neon Nights.  Unfortunately I was not the winner of that giveaway.  So I knew I had to buy this ASAP!!
Again it's from the "crelly" collection that debuted earlier in May. And like I said earlier it seems slightly less opaque than Standing in the Neon, but more jelly than Standing. 


This polish is absolutely anything I could ever want!  The milky white crelly, tiny neon glitters, medium and large neon glitters in pink, blue, orange, green, yellow!!  And the skinny black bar glitter, thick black bar glitter,and those circles!!  I love the circles!  The only downside to this polish is that I don't see the black circles on my nails as much as I would like. But the upside is that I get really excited (probably too excited, but I don't care) when I find a circle on the brush!  


I always wonder how polish makers come up with so many different colors and creations, and I have seen some that just don't flow.  Not this one.  Everything works perfectly.  It all just clicks, and in my opinion makes the most perfect polish.  Everything I could want in one.
Now only if those neons were glow in the dark...


You can find Polish Addict here. The site is currently under maintenance while they get caught up on orders, and will reopen June 1st, with new collections that I can't wait to get my claws on!!

~Kat

1 comment:

  1. love your blog! would you like to check out mine?
    http://rainingfashionxo.blogspot.co.uk/
    :) X

    ReplyDelete