Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Ipsy May "Spring Fling" Bag

As you know, I subscribe to Ipsy and I get a beauty bag full of deluxe makeup samples.  Last month was my first month, and I loved that bag.  So when I started seeing sneak peeks of May's bag, I was even more excited.  

The first one I figured out quickly, was a Zoya nail polish! How exciting.  I ordered 3 Zoyas during their Three Free promotion at the beginning of the year, where you paid $10 shipping and got any three polishes you wanted.  And I loved the formula, but two of the colors I chose looked completely different than what I saw online. So I gave those two away.  And I was really excited to try it again. 

The second sneak peek was a picture of either a lip stick or lip gloss, and I was really hoping for a lipstick, because I haven't really experimented too much with actual lipstick, just gloss. And the whole reason I signed up for Ipsy was to try new products and companies!

I had been reading that we would be receiving 5 items in this months bag. Usually you get four items and one or two is full sized, with the others being deluxe samples (can be used more than once).  It was sounding like this was going to be one of the best bags they have put together thus far.  I finally got my tracking email, meaning it was sent out, and it said I was getting a free bonus item!!  I was going to be getting an Urban Decay Moondust eyeshadow!

I finally received my bag today!  Of course I wasnt home all day and had to wait till I got home to tear it open.  It was one of the best parts of my day. 
I love seeing this pink bag in my mail!!

Everything I found in my bag was exactly what I was hoping I would get (of course I had been stalking #ipsy on Instagram to see what everyone was getting!).  


First of all, how adorbs is the bag this month? I feel it's somewhat appropriate, since Ottavio Missoni just died recently, so it seems a bit of an homage to him.  For those who don't know him, he co-founded the Missoni fashion line, famous for their signature zigzag pattern
Example of Missoni Print from a Google search

But back to the bag...

...First of all, the Zoya nail polish.  It's Zoya Blu, and it's a beautiful pale blue, perfect on its own or in nail art.  I will be swatching this for you all in the near future.

Second, I got a lipstick!!  Mirabella colour sheer in Daydream.  It's a really pretty sheer pink, that seems to build well.  I was hoping for something I little more on the red side, something more outside of my comfort zone.  But I might have to order some, because I really think I am going to like this lipstick.

Third, Pacifica purfume roll-on in Island Vanilla.  The box describes it as "Tahitian vanilla, anchored with rich boubon vanilla notes".  I'm obsessed.  I need more.  NOW.  I need one for work, one for my purse, like 6 for home (just in case).  Good thing I have the Ipsy 20% off code for Pacifica products!  It's so light, yet I can smell it on myself.  And not in a way that makes my head hurt or makes me nauseous.  I'm sure Hubs will love it too.

Fourth I received St. Tropez Instant Glow tanning lotion. This makes me slightly nervous, as tanning lotions and I don't mix well.  They tend to be streaky, or too dark, or they smell terrible and leave marks all over my clothes.  But they claim that this is a "one day" self tanner, and will wash off in the shower that night.  It's worth a shot, while I wait to get some summer color.

The last item I received, not including the bonus item, was a Yaby concealer refill. It's a small disk of concealer that fits in a small compact.  I think the color I got is slightly too dark for me, but I'll give it a shot once my concealer brush dries.

And the bonus item was Urban Decay Moonshine eyeshadow in Glitter Rock.  It's a gorgeous purple glitter shimmer.  It's a nice warm purplish magenta, full of shimmer. It went on my hand sheer, but super shimmery. And from there it blended well.  This will look insane if used wet, which I can't wait to try.  I really couldn't have gone wrong with any of the Moonshine colors, as they were all gorgeous.

I will be swatching the items of color I have received, and letting you know how the self tanner works, as soon as I use it.  I just wanted to let you know how awesome this months bag was. And to tell you if you don't subscribe to Ipsy, you need to.  The bag is $10 a month including shipping, and the bag I just received was worth close to $80, including the eyeshadow, which not everyone received.  If you're interested in signing up, go here.  There may be a slight waitlist, but it's worth it!!

~Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment