Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Oh what a week!


I'm the worst blogger ever. I have been neglecting the blog for so long and for that I apologize. 
I've had a lot lot lot going on lately, starting with happy things!  Hubs and I went on our first baby free vacation since Bebe was born three and a half years ago!  His cousin was getting married, and that side of the family lives in New York City. How could we pass up that opportunity!?  Neither of us had been to the city since we were each 5 years old (which in hubs case means I wasn't even born yet!). So we went from Friday-Tuesday, saw tons of awesome sights (the World Trade Center memorial is a must for everyone; a truly serene yet somber sight), and had a great time with family we had never met. 
Once we got home was where it turned terrible. A few weeks before going to New York we found out we were expecting again. And even though I was the one dragging my feet with baby number 2, I was so excited!  I had my first prenatal appointment the Tuesday before we left for New York, and had an ultrasound scheduled for the Friday after we got back. 
That's where it gets ugly. Unfortunately the ultrasound tech and radiologist were unable to detect a heartbeat and the baby was only 9 weeks big, and by that time I was close to 11 or 12 weeks along. So two weeks prior the baby had stopped growing and died. 
We were heartbroken, and I thought my world was collapsing. I had no idea how badly I wanted that baby until I no longer had it. 
Yesterday we went ahead with the d&c which is the surgical removal of what was left of the fetus and tissues in the uterus, and I'm at home recovering (both physically and mentally) right now. Hoping to get back into the swing of things with polish, and blogging. I've been doing quite a bit of shopping, retail therapy and all, and I have lots and lots and lots to show you. So please, stick around, there's lots coming up!  Tomorrow we will return with the regularly scheduled programming, and nail polish swatching!  I hope you're ready for me!

~Kat
Ps- I'm sharing a few of the pictures from our trip! Enjoy!

View from Turtle Pond in Central Park
Broadway!!
We saw our first Broadway show, Pippin. And it was fantastic. I can't wait to see another!
One of many shots from the World Trade Center memorial. I can only guess the roses are from visiting friends and family members. I cried the whole time. 
My favorite part of all. The lovely lady liberty. A breathtaking sight. Isn't she gorgeous?

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful to have you back!
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss though. Sending lots of healing vibes your way!
    (Also your vacation pics are lovely!)

    ReplyDelete