Tuesday, March 17, 2015

We Sail Tonight for Singapore





At the end of 2013, my parents were told they wouldn't be moving home to the states from Germany, and they would be moving instead, to Singapore!

Singapore!?  I knew nothing about Singapore! I barely knew where it was, aside from Asia...somewhere. 

So it was worked into my dads contract that the company he works for would pay for me, hubs, honey, and my sister and brother to fly (business class!) to Singapore and back.   For over a year we have been planning this trip; it seemed like it would never come. I mean, who goes to Singapore!?

We just got back last week. My sister and brother took Honey with them a week earlier than hubs and I went. The flight schedule was as follows:
•Milwaukee to Detroit
•Detroit to Tokyo
•Tokyo to Singapore. 
24ish hours of travel 

Well that was SUPPOSED to be the flight schedule. We got delayed four hours in Detroit and had to stay overnight in Tokyo before flying to Taiwan and finally Singapore. We missed a whole day of vacation but finally got there in one piece!
                                                         Breakfast in the Delta Sky Club before leaving Milwaukee

                                                     Next stop Detroit 

                                                                                           So much leg room in business class 
                                                                                                       With fold flat seats!

Business class is where it's at. I've only ever flown coach, with one exception. Flying first class from MSP to LAS for my wedding. 
But business class! Lay flat seats, gourmet meals, unlimited wine (or beer or cocktails). Look at all that leg room!!
I mean if you have to be stuck for 4 hours on an airplane at that gate, I'd rather be in business class than coach. 

So after the delay due to a mechanical, Delta put us up in a hotel with dinner and breakfast before leaving the following day. 

                   Breakfast in Tokyo before our flight out

So we flew to Taiwan, where I finally beat my dad to a country!  My dads been all over the world, but not to Taiwan yet!  Had an authentic Taiwanese lunch, but I'm not exactly sure what we ate...

And were rewarded with business class on Singapore Air. Singapore Air is one of the highest rated airlines in the world. Their business class is top notch, you can even get your own suite!  
We didn't have suites, but we did have larger seats, and they lay flat like Delta. 
                                                                (Photo from Pinterest)
With the same accommodations as Delta, but with amazing service.
                  A couple of Singapore Slings and we're off!

We finally landed in Singapore. About 18 hours late, but better than never!  
       
More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment