Sunday, January 5, 2014

Indie Review:Sweet Tea Polish

A few months ago, I purchased polish from a new to me indie maker Sweet Tea Polish. I found her on Facebook; someone I follow shared her page, so I checked it out. And she makes some seriously pretty polish!!

I contacted her, and she provided me with her blogger discount, and shopping I went. With it being so close to Christmas, I limited my purchase to my top three fave colors, in minis. And very shortly after I ordered, there was a package in my mailbox!  Who doesn't love fast shipping!?

The three colors I chose were Pickin Plums, a pale icy metallic lilac color, Mint Julep a pale mint green, and Kiss my Bass, a deep beautiful teal with green and gold hex glitters. 
   Mint Julep, Pickin Plums, Kiss my Bass
And how cute are the earrings she included!?  Made with Kiss my Bass. I love them!

First up, Pickin Plums. Out of the three, this was my least favorite. I love the color and her formulas are so nice and easy to apply, I just wish the color was a little brighter. Even after four coats it's still a little sheer and it just didn't match my skin tone very well. Nothing against the polish itself, it just doesn't look great on me. 

Next up, Mint Julep. I have an obsession with mint. Mint color all the things!  If I see a mint polish in a store I will buy it. I want mint jeans. I just bought three or four mint tops and sweaters with Christmas money.  Is there Mint-aholics Annonymous?  Anyways, back to this polish. Gorg. 
It's not a flat one note color. (Sorry my hands look so red in the photo..). But it's silvery and metallic-y. And such a great mint color. Again the formula is perfect. So easy to apply, no balding or streaking. A must have!!

And finally, my favorite from the order, Kiss my Bass! 
Amazing. It even looks like fish scales with the hex glitters that almost but not entirely match the color of the base. Yet reflect the light with the perfect amount of sparkle and shine. Who knew fish were so pretty!?  Two coats is perfect, and so is the formula. Not a problem getting this polish to go on evenly. More please!!

This definitely won't be my last purchase from Sweet Tea Polish, and I can't wait to see more collections! They are so nice, but don't just take my word for it. Check it out for yourself at squareup.com/market/sweet-tea-polish. She's got quite a few colors to choose from. Go now!!

~Kat 

2 comments:

  1. I love the purple shade but they are all very pretty colors. Its always nice to find great new brands

    -Erica
    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh i love the green one with the glitter! Nice blog you have!

    keep going :)
    http://inatatjana.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete