Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Mani. Featuring Liquid Sky Lacquer

First and foremost, Happy Thanksgiving!! When I was planning a manicure for the holiday, I went back and forth with whether or not I would do nail art. With visions of cute turkey accent nails dancing in my head, I decided to skip the frustration and just stay simple. 

But when I say simple, I don't mean your run of the mill, everyday color. I'm talking about some of the best holos I've seen in indie polish lines. Please let me introduce you to Liquid Sky Lacquer (www.liquidskylacquer.bigcartel.com)!! This is a polish line you will definitely want to check out, soon!!

I received my first Liquid Sky Lacquer from my Halloween polish swap, thanks to Instagram. I got four minis, three glitter toppers and one of her gorgeous holos in Pumpkin Pie.

So when I was thinking about my mani yesterday I thought, Pumpkin Pie is obviously the color I should use for Thanksgiving! 

       Quick shot of my mani essentials
   Shoot, my cleanup brush got cropped!

I start every mani with a base coat or treatment of some sort. Lately I've been using Nail Defense strengthing treatment by Orly (love!). Then I used 3 thin coats of Pumpkin Pie and quickly topped it with Seche Vite. I use an E.L.F concealer brush to clean up around my nails and cuticles. How awesome does that Pumpkin Spice scented acetone remover look!?  More on that later!

 How amazing is this holo effect!?  This is in regular everyday, in my house, lighting! I don't think I've ever seen such a pronounced holo without flash or the sun!   And when you're done drooling over this one, take a look at this shot I grabbed in the sun this morning!

I'm in love. As if I wasn't completely obsessed with holos already, I'm now obsessed with all things Liquid Sky Lacquer!

I'll leave you with this parting shot, an extreme close up of te beauty!! 



If you're interested in more Liquid Sky Lacquer, follow it's creator Carolyn, @whimsicalcolor on Instagram!

Enjoy your holiday tomorrow!!  

~Kat 

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Im a new beauty blogger and I would love it if you would check out my blog and tell me what you think! http://callmeary.blogspot.com/ Thank you for your time!

    ReplyDelete