Saturday, October 4, 2014

Dollar Store Jackpot!


Honey and I decided to have a movie night tonight while hubs was at work. We recorded Wreck It Ralph for her to watch with a babysitter last night and she never watched it. So we watched it tonight. 

I told her we would go to the dollar store and get some candy to have with the movie, and I also wanted to check out the Halloween decor. 

And because I can't go to the dollar store without going down the beauty aisle, I hit jackpot. 


Essie Sleek Sticks. Essie's version of nail wraps or nail stickers. For $1/each. Guys. These usually retail for around $10 a pop everywhere else. I'm not sure if they are retired styles or what, and I don't really care!  I bought 10 of them for the price of one!  
And here is where it gets photo heavy. I think I got one of each style; I didn't like a red with glitter that was available so I doubled up on one style. 




I got two of the very first style. And to be honest, I just realized as I was posting these that they had names on the side of the packaging. Hello!  So I got two of Glam It On. 

And there is one more, but of course I had to try them out tonight!!  So this is the one I chose for my mani tonight. 
It's called Over the Moon and I love the glitter gradient effect!!  I saved the ones I didn't use, because they can always be used as accent nails in a future mani!
 
They went on easily enough, just like the Sally Hansen stickers go on. And came with a file and a plastic cuticle pusher that I used to smooth out any air bubbles. Air bubbles seem common, but maybe I'm just not used to using the stickers? But I'm happy with the value!

So what do you think?  Did I hit the jackpot?

No comments:

Post a Comment